Mold Allergy Symptoms
Providing Mold Inspection Indianapolis IN Homeowners Can Depend On
Anyone with an allergy reacts differently to the surrounding atmosphere than someone who doesn’t have one. The same goes for mold allergy.
While mold might slightly affect a normal individual, hypersensitive people react differently to mold.
They may experience severe symptoms that risk their health and impede daily life activities. Therefore, getting rid of mold is crucial to your overall well-being.
Indianapolis Mold Inspection aims to restore your home atmosphere back to normal. We use specialized equipment to inspect and test mold growth in your home.
Our team seeks to provide you with a purified indoor environment, upgrading your lifestyle and well-being.
What Is Mold Allergy?
Partnered With Mold Testing Indianapolis IN Experts
An allergy typically refers to an abnormal reaction of your immune system to naturally occurring substances. While these particles do not affect most people, they may severely impact certain individuals.
Mold, a fungus type, is found throughout our globe. We cannot prevent it from existing. What we can do, however, is keep it from growing and spreading in our homes.
If your property provides an ideal temperature and atmosphere for it to thrive, it’ll take a few hours to spread around. If you have a mold allergy, your immune system will be affected by mold differently compared to other home members.
You may experience a runny nose, skin rash, itchy eyes, and even asthma. Although there are several mold types, only a few cause allergic reactions.
Types of Mold Allergy
Mold allergy can result from mold on food or in the air. Generally, food allergies are associated with mold on cheese, mushrooms, or products containing vinegar.
Further, harmful mold present in the air can cause allergies too. For instance, Penicillium and Aspergillus are common mold types that lead to an allergic reaction.
Additionally, toxic molds like Stachybotrys can also cause infections.
Who Is At Risk?
Everyone exposed to mold is at risk – regardless of whether or not you’re allergic. Nonetheless, the effects are more severe in certain groups of people.
For instance, if you have an existing health condition or a compromised immune system, you may react more intensely to mold. Other risk factors include the following.
- You have a history of allergies (family or personal)
- You were exposed to mold for an extended time in your home or office.
- Respiratory conditions like chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma
If you fit into any of the above-mentioned categories, you are at a greater risk of getting mold allergy.
Signs and Symptoms
Data reveals that around 50 million Americans are exposed to allergies each year, and 1 in 5 US citizens have environmental allergies – mold allergy being one.
So, there is no reason why you might not have one. But how to identify it? Here are some common symptoms you may experience.
- Itchy eyes
- Sneezing and coughing
- Runny nose
- Nasal congestion
Further, if you have breathing issues, mold allergy can trigger an asthma attack. You may also experience a fever and flu. Make sure you get rid of the source entirely and visit your health practitioner in case of severe symptoms.
Your doctor can diagnose mold allergy by conducting a skin test or might test your blood sample.
Prevention and Treatment
The Indianapolis Mold Inspection Locals Rely On
A popular phrase goes like this, “Prevention is better than cure,” and the same goes for mold allergies. If you experience any symptoms, you need to get in touch with a mold remediation company to eliminate them from your home.
Delaying the mold treatment would only spread it further and deteriorate your family’s health and destroy your belongings.
At Mold Testing Indianapolis IN we take the headache of cleaning mold from your home. Our experts identify the source and remove it. Then, they spot all the mold-affected areas and use specialized procedures to clean and disinfect your home.
We also take steps to purify your air and get rid of excessive mold spores that might be impacting your health.